The 16th annual LOGAN’s Run is in the books!
We had a great day Saturday! About 1,200 runners and walkers joined us at Notre Dame to “run with LOGAN” and support the services LOGAN offers to children, adults and families. We also had a hard-working crew of more than 250 volunteers directing runners, cheering runners and walkers, serving breakfast, and handing out water. We couldn’t put on this event without the help of a lot of friends! Thank you volunteers.
In the 10K race, a husband-wife team from Goshen finished first in both the men’s and women’s divisions. Jake Gillette, 33, ran the 10K in a brisk 35 minutes, 30.09 seconds! His wife, Laura Gillette, 34, finished her race in 42 minutes 6.57 seconds. Congratulations to the Gillettes for a really fast run! We look forward to seeing you again next year.
Chris White, 45, of Granger was the fasted runner in the men’s division of the 5K timed run. He finished in 17 minutes, 13.13 seconds. A really fast run in a crowded race!
Emily Pedzinski, 21, was the top female finisher in the 5K race. She finished in 19 minutes, 48.69 seconds. Congratulations to Emily!
Highlights from the day included the family teams and the Fleet Feet Team running with Ryan Bear.
- Team Joey stood out in their tie-dyed shirts. Thirty-eight friends and family members – the biggest team at LOGAN’s Run – ran or walked for Joey Carrico, age 9, who attends the Sonya Ansari Center for Autism at LOGAN. His mom, Echo, said it was their 6th year to bring a team to LOGAN’s Run and it has grown every year.
- Rebecca and Roger Zehr headed up the Elkhart Run for God team with 26 participants, most of them running the 5K race.
- Todd’s Team included runners from Texas, Georgia and North Carolina. More than 20 family members joined Todd Ollinger on the course. Todd works at LOGAN Industries and lives in LOGAN’s Orkney Group Home. He’s a regular participant in the Fun Walk and loved having his family with him for the day.
- The Fonacier family brought about 20 friends and family to run and walk as Team Paul. They were celebrating the 60th birthday of Paul Fonacier, whose parents were among LOGAN’s founding families.
- The Fleet Feet Team gave Ryan Bear, 25, a chance to experience the thrill of the finish. Ryan attends The Studios at LOGAN and loves socializing with his friends. He also loves being out in the community. He really loved running the 5k with Fleet Feet!
For information about LOGAN’s Run 2020, on August 1, please contact:
Chief Development Officer