Adult Day Services
If your son or daughter has an intellectual or developmental disability, you know how isolating it can sometimes be for them. The Studios is a weekday adult day services program where we offer age- and skill-level appropriate activities to engage men and women creatively, socially and mentally. The Studios is for adults who need more complex, creative activities.
Here, we encompass a variety of arts—visual, musical, culinary, kinetic and language. We support your son or daughter, teaching them skills and giving opportunities to be creative with a variety of media. We also invite local artisans to come share their craft.
The Studios can be funded in a variety of ways, including a Family Supports waiver, a Community Integration and Habilitation waiver, a nursing facility budget, group living contract, or private pay.
Participants can enroll full time or part time in one of the following four specialized Studios:
- Emphasizes the sensory aspect of activities
- Helps discover preferences through curiosity and exploration
- Encourages interaction and communication
Studio of the Arts
- Opportunities for more complex and creative activities
- Encompasses a variety of arts – visual, musical, culinary and more
- Supports potential artists with a variety of media
- Promotes new connections with local artisans
- Provides a creative outlet for people other than traditional arts
- Encourages exploration of different hobbies and arts
- Fosters personal achievement and skill acquisition
- Tailored activities for individuals showing signs of aging
- Focus on maintaining skills with opportunities to learn new things
- Leisure activities that provide continued mental stimulation
For more information on The Studios, contact:
Program Operations Specialist