What a difference a day can make!
Join us in finding out just how much by supporting LOGAN on May 9, 2017 during Give Local St. Joseph County. By making a gift on this day, you will be building two important funds for LOGAN— The Dan Ryan Children’s Fund at LOGAN and LOGAN’s Endowment Fund at the Community Foundation of St. Joseph County. Your gift will give more children access to vital services and lessen the financial burden to families who need our help.
LOGAN is excited to be one of 67 local charities participating in Give Local St. Joseph County. That means we’ve got 24 hours to raise as much money as we can to earn a share of $2.4 million in matching funds. But we can’t do it without YOUR help.
Here’s how you can Give Local for LOGAN
1. Give by check, beginning as early as May 1, but please follow these guidelines:
- Date your check May 9, 2017.
- Make payable to The Community Foundation of St. Joseph County.
- Write LOGAN in the memo line of the check, so the amount gets credited to our account.
- Mail your check to: LOGAN Center
PO Box 1049
South Bend, IN 46624
Make sure you mail it early enough to ensure delivery by May 9, 2017.
- Or, deliver your check to LOGAN Center, no later than 4 p.m. on May 9, 2017. On Give Local Day (May 9), you won’t even have to come inside. We’ll have people stationed outside in the parking lot to take your check as you drive through.
- The Community Foundation will be hosting its own “Drive-Thru Donation Station” outside of the Morris Performing Arts Center in South Bend from 7 a.m. until 7 p.m. on May 9, so that’s another option.
- Don’t have transportation and forgot to mail it on time? No problem. Give us a call, and we’ll come to you to pick it up. Yes, it’s that important. Call 574-289-4831 to schedule a pickup.
2. Give by credit card, online
- On May 9, 2017, give online at GiveLocalSJC.org from 12 a.m. to 11:59 p.m., using your credit or debit card, and choose LOGAN as the beneficiary of your gift.
- Or you can schedule your online gift in advance at GiveLocalSJC.org once the “preview period” begins on May 1, 2017.
- You can also make a credit card gift by phone. WNDU-TV will host a televised phone bank during Give Local Day May 9.
3. Give a gift of appreciated stock
You can benefit LOGAN with a gift of appreciated stock. To do this, contact the Community Foundation directly for instructions on how to transfer your gift of stock. Transfers of stocks or mutual funds can take time, so plan to initiate the transfer when the “preview period” begins on May 1. You’ll need to let the Community Foundation know the date, type and number of shares you’ll be transferring to benefit LOGAN.
4. Give from an IRA
If you’re over age 70 1/2, you can support LOGAN for Give Local St. Joseph County by transferring a gift directly from your IRA plan to the Community Foundation. Such transfers count toward your annual required minimum distribution and are not included in your income. You’ll need to contact your IRA plan administrator to initiate a transfer; also, contact the Community Foundation directly to let them know that you want your IRA gift to support LOGAN.
5. Give through a donor-Advised Fund with the Community Foundation
All donor-advised fund holders will hear from the Community Foundation directly about the details of this opportunity.
Give Local is YOUR chance to make a BIG impact for LOGAN! On May 9, Give Local and you’ll be helping LOGAN now, and from now on. Together … let’s see what a difference a day can make!
Questions? Please get in touch with Jill Langford at LOGAN by calling 574-289-4831 or emailing Jill@logancenter.org.